Monday 17 June 2013

Madam Kwan's KLCC

Madam Kwan is undoubtedly the most popular dining restaurant in KLCC.
Constantly filled with patrons and queues during peak period, I've decided to give their KLCC outlet a try.

Me & Mrs entered just before dinner peak and easily got a table
Floor wasn't cleaned properly as I could see leftover cucumber.. definitely a letdown at get-go.

Nevertheless, we were quickly served with the menu when suddenly the waitress dropped a plate.
Albeit the high pitch, patrons were only disturbed for a moment - nothing to fret about.

Upon deciding what we wanted to eat, I signaled the waiter over to take our orders.
To my shock & utter disbelieve, he wrote our orders on a piece of tissue paper... is the economy hitting Malaysia so bad that such restaurants need to retort to this?

Forgive my utter disappointment in the services rendered, lets jump unto the food.
I ordered my oh-so-common Coffee & Ice Kacang to share with Mrs.

For me, Ipoh Hor Fun Soup
& Mrs had Char Kway Teow

Local Coffee (coffee was't really strong)

Ice Kacang 

Ipoh Hor Fun Soup (RM 14.90)

Char Kway Teow (RM17.90)

I din't exactly fancy my Ipoh Hor Fun soup.. was slightly plain & actually preferred the Ipoh Hor Fun stall in Signature Food Court.
Mrs enjoyed her Char Kuey Teow & even commented it taste better than the one from Little Penang KLCC, though I would only fancy authentic Char Kuey Teow with chinese sausages :)

Cuisine: Local Malaysia
Food: 6
Service: 4
Delivery: 7
Damage: RM35/pax

Level 4
Suria KLCC,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
50088 Kuala Lumpur

EDIT 1:
Came back with Mrs as had a sudden craving of fried noodles - ended up having Fried Kuey Teow (as usual) and their Cantonese Fried Noodles (Sang Mee). Waiters now takes order with a PDA instead of writting on tissue paper again. Yay?

Their Char Kuey teow remains a great dish

Came back for Cantonese Fried Sang Mee

No comments:

Post a Comment